Baptism in the Holy Spirit 17 July 2022
(John 14:16, NKJV) “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you ___________ Helper, that He may abide with you forever.”
(Act 1:4-8, NKJV)
- Jesus was _______ them
- Jesus ______________ them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father
- Jesus told them; they shall receive the ________________ not many days from now.”
- They will receive ________ when the Holy Spirit has __________________
- Power to be His ___________
- Witness (one who _____________ of something)
- Luke 24:48, 48And you are ______________ of these things.
(Act 1:8, NKJV) But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; ______ you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
(Acts 2:1-4, NKJV) Characteristics of Jesus Disciples:
- They (Jesus’s Disciples) were all in one accord and in one place. __________
- They were waiting in Jerusalem for the promise. __________
- They (Jesus’s Disciples) were _______ filled with the Holy Spirit. Received the Promise
- They _____ began to speak with other tongues–(other tongues=Not known to them)
- As the ________ gave the utterance.
- The members of the crowd heard in their ____________ language
(Acts 2:9-11, NKJV)
- They were told about the wonderful _________________ (The Gospel of Jesus Christ)
(John 1:1-2, NKJV)
- 1 John 4 says to test the Spirit to see if it confesses that ______________ has come in the flesh or not. Look at the whole WORD!
- What do you test it against? _________________
- Who does John 1:1-2 say is the Word of God? ___________
(Acts 2:32-33 & 38, NKJV)
- Peter told the crowd to ________ for the remission of ______
- He told them that after they were __________ in the name of Jesus Christ, they would receive the gift of the _____________
(Acts 2:39, NKJV)
- The promise = _______________
- And to ______ who are afar off
(Acts 10:44-46, NKJV)
- The ____________ fell upon _____ those who heard the word.
- Peter ____________ the gentiles who received to be water baptized.
(Act 11:15-17, ESV)
- Peter said that ‘if _______ gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could ___________________________?’
(Acts 19:1-6, NKJV)
- The disciples Paul encountered were baptized in _________ baptism which is _________________
- They were baptized in the name of the _________________.
- When Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came _______ them and they spoke with other __________ and _____________
Like Peter, in Acts 10, we have a choice to make. When God revealed His plan to Peter in the dream, Peter had to choose to be obedient to the Almighty or he could defy Him.
- Peter chose to ________ God and the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out on the __________.
- We can choose to obey God or we can defy God in our ______ lives as well. We can choose to believe God’s ________ that the Holy Spirit is for everyone
- __________________ or you can choose to believe the devil when he tells you the Holy Spirit is for everyone but
How do I know it’s the Holy Spirit that I received and not some other spirit?
(Luke 11:11-13, NKJV)
- Your Heavenly _________ will give the Holy Spirit to those who ______ Him!